As a Community League, we are obligated to pay many expenses that impact our hall and programs, such as insurance for both our facility and program participants, referees, umpires, uniforms and equipment. The Volunteer Policy is in place to ensure greater participation in fundraising that supports the programs that we provide to you.
Although other volunteer opportunities do exist, Bingos and Casinos are the major contributors to fundraising for the Community League and the programs we offer. Without them we would have to greatly increase your program registration fees. In utilizing these fundraisers, we have a financial commitment to the Bingo Hall and Casino for a set number of people to be in attendance at events we are responsible for. The league can be fined and/or lose our Bingos/Casinos if we do not ensure adequate staffing at these events. This, in turn, will impact our ability to deliver programs to you.
To participate in a program offered by BCL, we require a $250.00 UNDATED cheque payable to Baturyn Community League or BCL, for each registration. This cheque will not be cashed if you meet your volunteer commitment and will be returned to you once you have fulfilled your commitment.
The Volunteer process is as follows:
- You will be required to sign up for a volunteer commitment during the registration process. When you sign up for a Volunteer date, it is important that you make note of the date. We encourage you to mark this in your calendar and set a reminder as the date draws near to alert you of your upcoming commitment. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to remember your volunteer date. Should you miss your volunteer date without providing the community league with reasonable notice of your inability to attend or reschedule your volunteer commitment, your Volunteer Deposit will be processed as payment towards your child’s program fees. Remember that that the Fees we offer are offset by the volunteer commitment being fulfilled.
- We will email prior to the date of your volunteer commitment to confirm your attendance and provide you with the location and time details. You are required to confirm your attendance within 24 hours of the email being sent or call being
- If you have not returned the call or email to confirm, we will you assume you will not be in attendance and we will find an alternate person to work in your place. Should this occur, your volunteer deposit will be given to the Treasurer to cash.
Please note the following:
- If you are unable or unwilling to work a liquor or gaming commitment such as a Bingo or Casino, please notify us at the time of registration time.
- If you choose to forfeit your volunteer deposit rather than perform a volunteer duty, please notify us at the time of registration so that we can deposit your cheque immediately. Please note, we need the volunteers more than we need the funds, so we may restrict this option at our discretion.
- It is your responsibility to cover the volunteer date you selected. This can be done by family members or friends, but you are ultimately responsible to ensure an appropriate individual is present on your behalf.
- If something occurs which impacts your ability to be to make the date of your volunteer commitment, we will do our best to reschedule your volunteer date provided a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice is given. We will reschedule no more than once in a season.
- Any person not showing up for their selected volunteer date will be required to leave a $250.00 CASH deposit for future registrations, which will be returned to you once you fulfill your responsibility within the current season.
- If your cheque has been returned to us as Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF), you will not be eligible to enroll your child into a program until you have provided a CASH payment of the amount due.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR REVOKE REGISTRATION IN ANY OF BATURYN’S PROGRAMS IF THERE IS A FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THE VOLUNTEER POLICY.